Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Contemplative Thoughts

I am currently up in Wisconsin at my cottage working on a project for an upcoming photoshoot.  Yes I forgot to post something about Father's Day and painting is not as high on the priority list right now.  I feel crazy.  This time in WI is not of rest and relaxation which is normally what this setting entails.  I am working around the clock to finish something that is just easier to work on on our massive dining room table (without a kitty at my feet).  From here I head to a florist's to work on a seating chart, and then home to complete a couple other projects before heading out of town again for my sister's bachelorette party in Michigan.  It feels like a whirlwind that I am standing still in the middle of.  Time and projects, but my brain has a moment to just think as I slowly progress on my work.

It made me think about how I work and the confidence you have to have going into and starting a project made by one's hand.
Trust me….


You have to look ahead, but not too much and know that where you touch down is a good place to start, even if you have to adjust things along the way.  As time progresses, you begin to trust yourself a bit more and become familiar with your surroundings…and you no longer have to fear.

I got all this while painting some words…..and without drugs.  Wow…..maybe I should do drugs instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment